28 Mayıs 2015 Perşembe

Philips Lumea IPL Precision SC2006/11 Reviews - First Trial

After I realize that I have many visitors abroad on some specific topics, I have decided to post in english as well.  You will see my Philips Lumea reviews in English without delay as in Turkish which was posted on bi-weekly or monthly basis following the trial of Philips Lumea. I try to do my best for english translation as a second language english speaker :)) 

My Philips Lumea IPL Experience:


I have tried alexandrite laser before on my legs and got good results after 5 trials. 80% reduction on hairs on lower legs. Unfortunately it did not work for my upper legs and on arms. I have used conventional methods for my upper legs and arms like waxing etc. I was tired of making hair removal waxes on every 20 days and searched for permanent solutions for hairs on my arms and upper legs.

I heard about Philips Lumea IPL and searched for reviews. Although I found positive feedbacks from different websites and forums, I could not be 100% sure about it. I am not expecting 100% result from the IPL laser but at least expecting slower hair growth...

I tested Rowenta EP9870 Derma Perfect Precision and Philips Lumea IPL Precision SC2003/11 on my arm at their highest level of laser light intensity at MediaMarkt store. 

Rowenta was easier to use, and I felt less pain during usage at the highest level and got better results.

Although I liked Rowenta more, I decided to buy Philips Lumea IPL. Rowenta cannot be used on facial areas and has less light flashes (approximately. 70-100 thousands).

evde-lazer-deneyimi-philips-lumea-sc2006/11
Philips Lumea SC2006/11
I bought Philips Lumea SC2006/11 and tried it on my arms.

Before beginning to use IPL laser, hairs should be shorten otherwise during laser it hurts more with a bad smell because IPL burns the hair. I trimmed my arms with an electric trimmer.

How my arms looks before IPL trial

I started to use IPL from level 1 intensity of laser light to level 5 by increasing the level 1 by 1. I felt pain on my arms at the level of 3. Not that much pain compared to alexandrite laser.

Here you can find the photo after the long hairs burnt. To avoid bad smell and hair burns, it is crucial to shorten hairs.

Long hairs burnt after IPL pulse
It is easy to use Philips Lumea but not comfortable on hands and wrist. You have to press the Lumea down on your skin for the machine allows you use. It is not easy to press the machine on the part of your body with an edge like wrist. 

I used white eye pencil to mark the places that I used IPL as recommended on the manual. But I do not recommend since pencil lines became red after IPL laser and hurt. I will not use it anymore.

At some points, I used IPL laser more than once to remove hair but the machine did not see the hairs and they remained. May be they will fall out later as in the alexandrite laser.

How it looks after IPL
All in all:

PROs:

1- Very comfortable and easy to use IPL at home 
2- Adjustable laser light intensity level and no risk of laser burn 
3- Although just less than 2 weeks past over the first trial of Philips Lumea, still no hair grow back :) 

CONs:

1- Very expensive but when you consider its comfy it may be neutralized :)
2- No silky touch on your skin as you have after the alexandrite laser and waxing. You can see your hairs when you zoom. When you touch your skin, you feel the hairs on your skin until they fall away. 
3- As an impatient person to have faster results, I used Philips Lumea IPL at level 5 most of the time, and had a laser burn. You should control yourself :) 

Philips Lumea IPL Laser Burn

I hope my comments help you decide.

Any comments or questions are welcomed :)

To read 3th week results, just click...

              

1 yorum: